1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filter

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Woz, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Woz

Woz Regular member

Hi,
    Ok, at work there is a filter system in place to block certain webpages, for example chat pages! Now im not to fussed about these, even though sometimes I use computer chat pages for help I cant here, I also need to access a certain webpage to obtain some software from time to time.

Quite a while a go I found a way around it, where I oculd go to a webpage and open the page i required through that and it would work!

Now I have forgot this webpage but need to access these pages, is there anyway around it? Please help!? Its not a home filter its like a network one i have no control over.

Thanks in advance

Woz

2. Woz

Woz Regular member

Anyone?

3. colw

colw Active member

Try a Google search.

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Search for proxies. Basically you should be able to access whatever you want via a proxy if the proxy itself is allowed.

5. Woz

Woz Regular member

Ok, I did a quick search and found something called SOCKS but when it comes to ports/proxys etc I get well confused. Have any of you guys got one to work at all?

Woz