1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final Fantasy 7 on PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by cwsmaster, Feb 26, 2008.

1. cwsmaster

cwsmaster Member

Recently I started playing Final fantasy 7 on my psp, however whenever someone uses a magic attack the graphics mess up. I just just wondering whether it was a faulty version of the game or if I did something wrong while converting to the eboot file.

I have a fat psp running on 3.40 OE-A
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. Ex_hoc

Ex_hoc Guest

Did you rip the disk from your own game or did you download the eboot? If you did rip it yourself, what program did you use???

Sometimes when you download eboots from the internet you may get very low quality rips. I recommend using Clone Cd - link following:

http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneCD.exe

In my opinion Clone cd is the best program to rip video games. it just always seems to work. Also i would use Zinga Burga's Popstation to convert to Eboot. I've Done FF7 for a couple people with it and it always works fine.

http://zingaburga.freehostia.com/dl.html

And lastly, I would upgrade your Firmware to one of the M33 versions. When I was on OE it had some trouble with Legend of dragoon during battles when alot of special effetcs were used. It used to glitch and freeze often. (Legend of dragoon - Similar RPG to FF7)
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2008
  4. mills87

mills87 Member

Yeah, I'm running FF7 on 3.71 M33-3 firmware and it's running great. No glitches or anything. I also heard that 3.71 firmware runs FF7 the best, so far.
  5. Ex_hoc

Ex_hoc Guest

Yeah i'm going to agree. so far 3.71 seems to be the best for FF7. I've used 3.80 and 3.90 and they glitch a bit more. I'll wait for 4.0 M33 (assuming there is going to be one) to upgrade again.
  6. moonspray

moonspray Member

Before you say anything, I have looked around and noone is specific enough, I would love to get ff7 on my 3.71 m33-2 slim psp, ive got 3 eboots for each disc, and the key.bins etc. I know what to do with them, Ive already got Tomba running, just wondering, when I come to the end of disc 1 and save it can i just load disc 2 and carry on, or is there some sort of problem? I 've heard of popstation but I dont know what it does really..... thanks for any advice
  7. Ex_hoc

Ex_hoc Guest

Honestly, forget popstation. do exactly what you said. At the end of the first disc when it asks you to save, save and turn the game off. than load up the next disks eboot and you're good to go :)
  8. aheleas

aheleas Guest

I was wondering if anyone can help me ive been trying to get ff7 on my psp with now luck i have a ver 3.80 and was wondering if anyoen can help me with what im supposed to do to downgrade and copy the game onto the psp. if you have any links let me know thnx alot
  9. wasted420

wasted420 Regular member

you need : custom firmware e.g. 3.90m33-2 to get this you will need a pandoras battery and a magic memory stick go here : http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/610313#3685241

after you have custom firmware google search popstation gui this will useyour pc cd or dvd rom to copy the psxgame andturn itinto an eboot.pbp which is the file type a psp reads (like a windows .exe file) this can then be placed in the game folder of a psp memory stick and played on a cfw psp
  10. mrwhoopee

mrwhoopee Member

i have a question.. my brother's psp is currently on 3.80 M33-5 and im trying to make FF7 work using the .pbp's i converted from the image of my three discs..[you said the original copied image, and not the ones downloaded..] when i ran it, it hangs on the first battle scene..

i haven't tried using the 3.80 m33 popsloader, but im going to.. will it work? and you said the 3.71 runs ff7 the best.. can i use the 3.71 popsloader to make it run well?

thanks..
  11. Ex_hoc

Ex_hoc Guest

Whether 3.71 os better than 3.80 in regards to running PS1 games is still up for debate. some people find that 3.80 works fine. I've used both and found that 3.71 works very well. but right now I'm using 3.90 and it seems to be working great.

Now as for your game hangng on the first battle screen... What software did you use to create the Eboot files??? and what software did you use to rip the .IMG of the disks? I would recommend using the programs I posted up above.

For ripping the disk:
    http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneCD.exe

For converting to eboot:
    http://zingaburga.freehostia.com/dl.html
  12. SonsofM

SonsofM Member

I notice that the music on mine runs more quickly! Otherwise, it seems fine...

13. bindiman

bindiman Guest

Hi people,
    I have a prolem with my FF7. I am currently running firmware 3.90 M33-2, and it isnt working. I have another PSX game which workes fine (Abe's Oddesey. I previously had versio 3.40 0E-A and FF7 worked fine. Could anyone suggest something to make this work?

Thanks !
  14. evilink

evilink Member

yea i have the same problem. the game starts ok, but as soon as i get into the first battle, the game glitches, and freezes.
    appreciate any help.
  15. NserUame

NserUame Regular member

If you want help more information is needed. Did you rip it yourself? What program did you use? Hell at least tell us what it does instead of saying "it doesn't work".
  16. evilink

evilink Member

ahh i figured it out with some help for acidy. but thanks anyway. haha i know i didnt leave enough info.
  17. RavenSIL

RavenSIL Member

help!

so I dl'd a copy of the eboot files and .bin keys. I know you're supposed to put em in the game folder, but when I go to play the game, I get a message that says "The copyright protection information is invalid".

what do I do???
  18. NserUame

NserUame Regular member

Did you mod your PSP? What's your region set to?
  19. RavenSIL

RavenSIL Member

no mods...duno where I'd find the region setting, but it's english I guess...US or somethin
  20. NserUame

NserUame Regular member

21. RavenSIL

RavenSIL Member

last question, I think

I followed the guide up to the battery part

I don't have the means to obtain a Datel battery, and I don wanna hardmod the one I have, since I don't have an extra

is there any software means of "pandorizing" the battery, and then turning it back to normal?