1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final Fantasy 7 PC HELP

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by bmxer4lyf, Aug 30, 2005.

1. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

Hi, I have downloaded Final Fantasy 7 for PC, and I have a few questions as to why it doesn't seem to be working. First of all the files have been sucessfully extracted to a folder on my desktop (Final Fantasy 7). In that folder, it looks like this:
    [​IMG]

So I click on the FF7.exe, and I get this message:
    [​IMG]

After I click OK, on that message, I get this one:
    [​IMG]

So I downloaded a No-CD crack, and I think it fixed the "Enter CD1, CD2, CD3, problem, but I still get that Registry Key Error.

Does anyone have any ideas or can help me? Thanks.

2. ecknight

ecknight Regular member

try unraring the install rar
    and then see if that gives u an installer

3. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

I have done that extraction, and the contents of that folder look like this:

[​IMG]

So I tried clicking on "SETUP.exe" and this is what it shows:

[​IMG]

So that doesn't look like it's the installer for the game. But after that "Installing" thing, it says this:

[​IMG]

And that's it. So I'm still lost. Any suggestions?

4. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

argh, I thought I had fixed the problem, In the main folder, it says FF7 Registry Entries, I clicked on that and it exported the regisrties to that folder, then I used the No-CD patch and I had no more errors, but then it just goes to a black screen for a few seconds then crashes to the folder again...

5. hamboy99

hamboy99 Member

Well all you have to do is intergrate the ff7.reg file into your registry by double clicking on it.Then run FF7Config.exe to setup hardware, but if you get a non "please reinstall FF7" Error you can't play the game anyway.Then run ff7.exe to play, if it tells you to find disks(Which you don't have!!),now this the tricky bit if you cannot write data to disks using a cd-rw drive then you are screwed.

You see the original package you downloaded has to be on a disk, remember the original file name, for FF7 to work.BUT if you cannot do this every time you reboot reinstall it from your hard drive using the original file.But if you are an xp user, which it looks like you are, you cannot apply the patch squaresoft provide to get passed certain points in the game, it just crashes at them!

But a screwed up method of skipping those parts in the game is get the savegame editor from this URL, http://www.actiontrip.com/cheats/finalfantasy7.phtml then click on save game editor , and getting a savegame of the internet and editing it to be your game before the crashing point but the savegame must be afterward.

Anyway hope it works, just contine the thread to tell of any problems...

Last edited: Sep 2, 2005
  6. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

Lol, sorry but, what exactly are you telling me to do? I don't understand.
    I have the patch so it doesn't ask me for discs anymore. So my main problem is I cant even start the game. Any help?

7. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

-Sry-Double-Post

Last edited: Sep 2, 2005
  8. jayz69

jayz69 Member

Yeh I got the same download i got all that way my self bit i was confused with when it still didnt work was about burning 2 cd
    do i just burn it 2 cd and it will work ?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2005
  9. hamboy99

hamboy99 Member

YES just burn it and u r done! Although you must have the disk in to play final fantasy 7 :( !This game is da bomb!--anything else you don't understand??

10. jayz69

jayz69 Member

i got a different version of warez now and it works fine till i got to the compulsary choccobo racing ! i have the xp patch but when i install it makes my no cd patch crack so if any 1 has a v1.3 or v1.4 no cd patch plzzzzzzzz help me find 1 cos i cant find it any where !

Last edited: Sep 11, 2005
  11. kook88

kook88 Member

can i noe where to download then no cd crack?

12. jayz69

jayz69 Member

ppl due to the mass of emails i am getting i no longer will send the patch as most ppl are hassling me about warez copies and i do not blieve in warez sorry

Last edited: Sep 21, 2005
  13. Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1 Member

hey i need help aswell i installed it and i got a no cd crack that works the game works fine, but the video is very messed up, it its very fuzzy and u can not see anything please help me thanks.

14. rugripper

rugripper Guest

know what!!!! if you go buy the game,its real cheap,it will work great[lol]

15. pimonster

pimonster Member

this is off topic but i thought i'd still ask here since this thread is fairly new...

i downloaded it as well and it always used to work but i tried again recently and im getting random errors whenever the screen changes. this has never happened before and i've tried reinstalling, any ideas?

16. rugripper

rugripper Guest

yea as i said before go buy the game,it is so cheap,you guys are rediculous,i could see if it was a new game,but this game is so cheap,i couldnt be bothered

17. pimonster

pimonster Member

im not gonna spend weeks searching for a game that im only gonna play casually

18. rugripper

rugripper Guest

you have to watch though,these free or stolen games off the --- [you know where not even going to say]are filled with viruses,so its just a matter of time before your pc is junk.i used to do it all the time,got tired of trying to get my pc back to normal cause it had gotten some sort of virus.these modders get off on making your pc crash so id really watch what you download...nothings free in the world theres always a catch

19. pimonster

pimonster Member

maybe if it was just a 2-year later ff7 crash lol...i downloaded it 2years ago and it's probably getting errors because i was playing with my ATI last week...my noobness pwned my comp

20. pimonster

pimonster Member

oh, and when i run config it says "8-bit palleted textures Fail"

it does that for ff8 too but it might affect ff7 more.
    i have a radeon 9800pro and have the latest ati driver for it, any idea what's causing these errors?