1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FINAL Fantasy 7 Remake

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by koolyoe, Jan 19, 2007.

1. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

Ok I was playing Final Fantasy 7 on my PSP for a while. Awesome game, had it for PSX as well, anyways i say we all write sony and tell them we the consumers want a remake of FF7 for either PS2 or PSP or both!! We want everythign the same story line characters etc.. jsut with the new technology and VOICE!!! :) Just imagine 1million emails. how can they say no?

LOL just had an impulse. What do you guys think?

2. guano

guano Regular member

That you're effing dreaming coming up w/ an idea like this.

Besides, it wouldn't be Sony you would have to contact. They didn't develop the game. It was squaresoft. Write to them. They wouldn't do it tho. It would be considered a waste of time I could only surmise.

3. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

so basically your asking them to make a port of the damn game? w/ maybe a little bit of an upgrade? by the way, why would they make it for ps2? considering PS3 is out now and everything.

besides Square Enix isn't going to waste their time doing a remake, they'd just make FF199 or whatever number they're up to now.

4. Shade777

Shade777 Guest

I'll stick with the classic. The FF VII compilation of whatever-the- hell-it-is is getting repetitive.
    Lol i believe they are at FF 590

5. solarf

solarf Member

a remake!!!!?????? No way!

6. jze17

jze17 Member

7. mrskitch

mrskitch Member

I, for one, would love to see a remake and definetly support one. If they did it for PS3 it would actually give me a reason to buy one. If Sony knows whats good for them (which I doubt they do seeing as they're taking a huge nose-dive) they need to do something crazy like this to get it going! I know they didn't do the FF's, but they need to do something along these lines.

Anyways, I'm definetly for a FF7 remake. Don't let anyone crush these dreams.

8. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

you all are basically asking for them to make something like they did w/ the Rocky crap, wait so damn long that everything is played out, and the massess will boo and then make it again?

if u don't get what i'm talkin about then u are prime example of the people who could give a crap less about the more recent Rocky Balboa movie that was continuing the saga from Rocky 12345

9. mrskitch

mrskitch Member

I dont quite get your last post. Are you saying that were oblivious to the originals? I agree with you that remakes of old hollywood films usually turn out to be garbage, however I don't see any harm with keeping the main elements of FF7 (Materia, Battle System, story, so forth) While giving a much needed update in graphics. More along the lines of FF1&FF2 remakes they did for GBA. I really couldn't imagine anything better for the PS3 to start selling then a FF7 remake.

10. Shade777

Shade777 Guest

yeah just saw that Rocky Balboa movie, and i was not impressed. More like wtf? why did you lose, he was so old and fat i cringed when he got his a$$ beat in the last round. And to top it off i was so looking forward to that movie but got disappointed.

If they do make a remake then they better make it good, i dont need one however...

11. mrskitch

mrskitch Member

Lose?!? I was going to see that at some point...need spoiler markings...

12. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

I'm saying some things, should be left in the past, for more reasons than a fanboy could come up with for having a remake.

13. mrskitch

mrskitch Member

Now were just arguining opinion. Seriously though, SPOILER warnings never hurt anyone. I would like to see a FF7 remake, for no reason just to see it updated. Thats all, I dont think it would hurt anything.

14. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

meh, either way, cost wise, not a good revenue builder.

15. joshont

joshont Regular member

square enix should do a remake of ff7 reason being that it will make them bank.....now be honest, even if you didnt really care for a remake, you know you would basically end up buying it or playing it in the end so whats wrong with remakes, FF3 had a remake and look how big that got even though it was never released in the US, im pretty sure ppl still played a translated version in the past and were looking forward for the ds version. with the PS3's graphics, they could make this game a hit for sure with better looking movies and better and newer elements that still stay true to the game. i mean FF AC came out and everyone was practically jizzing on the screens, whats makes them think that a remake wont do any better.

16. deejizzle

deejizzle Guest

i really doubt theyre gunna do another one. theres 3 working titles for ff7, the game, advent children and cerbus something.. cant remember. im pretty sure theyre done with ff7.

17. lurtz343

lurtz343 Member

They had a trailer for a remake at e3 maybe a year back. it shows the first scene with aeris and then cloud on the train. Looked pretty cool, i think they already dropped the idea and went with another FF game.

[edit] i think it was around the time advent children was released in japan because the character looked pretty much the same as in the movie.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  18. mrskitch

mrskitch Member

So far, they've done Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, and working on the psp Crisis Core one. The demo at E3, which you probably all know, is a teaser for the power of the PS3. What I'm sure they didn't expect was the huge fanboy response for a remake. I'm sure its only a matter of time...

19. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

I think if they made a remake for this for the PS3 that would give me a reason to buy one. When i originally posted i wasnt thingking of the ps3, only had in mind PSP, Ps2 as thats what i got :), But I would have to buy the console (PS3) if they did this. So hopefully (fingers crossed) they do a remake.

20. joshont

joshont Regular member

square enix would be stupid if they didnt