1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final Fantasy 9

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by AlphaRay, Feb 11, 2007.

1. AlphaRay

AlphaRay Guest

My PSP is Homebrew 3.10-OE. Which, in theory should support most PAL games, so why wont FF9 work for me? Can someone please post a full guide on how to correctly Rip FF9 from my game disk and get it working on my PSP. I will love you henceforth. =]

Thanks guys!

2. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

Hmm my FFIX works fine...

Use CDRWin to rip it from the disk (set it to ignore read errors) and save it as an ISO, use autopopstation4 to convert the iso to an eboot for your psp. Its quite easy when you get the hang of it

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  3. AlphaRay

AlphaRay Guest

Yeah, I used Autopopstation4 for the whole process of ripping FF7 and it worked perfectly (except some of the music playing too fast) but FF9 does't boot. What code did you use for your pal FFIX? Thanks in advance!

4. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

hahahahaha i have noticed ur saying in your sig. in the words of peter griffin, "thats freakin sweet".

5. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

6. AlphaRay

AlphaRay Guest

Hey I tried what you said, using WinCDR 6.1, I ripped FF9 disk 1 to an ISO, I opened AutoPopstation4, converted the ISo to eboot using the code you gave me and 0 compression with default document.dat, and it jsut won boot any further than the PS logo. any ideas? :(

7. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

How strange...other than me using compression level 9 (which wont make a difference) i use exactley that technique.

It sounds like a bad rip, or possibly a scratched CD so my only other suggestion would be to source an ISO off the internet and try that one, seeing as you own the game it is legal.

Thats the only thing i can think of im afraid!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  8. AlphaRay

AlphaRay Guest

Hmm. How bloody annoying. Thanks anyway!

9. AlphaRay

AlphaRay Guest

By the way, this is the same story for Final Fantasy 8. I've heard stuff about subchannels. how can I make sure they're being correctly incorporated?

10. AlphaRay

AlphaRay Guest

Can someone please help? It's so annoying. Basically., I'll run FF8 or 9 and it will play the PS logo, then hang on a black screen, I can see the memory card access light flashing, but nothing happens. =[