1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

final fantasy movie ripper, ps2 movie ripper!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by MrToast, Feb 3, 2004.

1. MrToast

MrToast Guest

I am looking for anyone who would know of a app that would let us rip the fmv's from playstation 2 games, most of all FFX and FFX2. Thanks!!

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

3. MrToast

MrToast Guest

well crap!

Thanks, I downloaded it but it didnt work... it says "invalid disc size" !??! I am using FFX international so maybe that is the problem.. can anyone help. I also downloaded a FFX2 tool but its in japanese so I cant read it... anyone know how to extract from FFX and FFX2? also do you NEED the original games or should DVD-R work?

Thanks in advance

4. MrToast

MrToast Guest

anyone... okay I got a program for ripping out the FFX2 stuff and it worked for FFX, but now I have tons of files and Im not sure what to do with them. Is there any way to record them to mpeg? HELP!

5. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

all you need is tmpgenc... to join the music and the mv2 file together into mpeg... www.tmpgenc.net... btw the FFX tool works for all versions of the FFX.. jap usa uero... as for the FFX-2 it only supports jap for now... if the guy updates the tools then you can watch the movies... ok?

6. mutzeputz

mutzeputz Member

Hi,

I've successfully ripped fmv's from FFX using an app listed on that website; however they play at about twice the normal rate!

Please help!

Thanks ^-^

7. nihil85

nihil85 Member

can anyone help me with ripping movie files from ffx and ffx-2 DVDs ?? what program should i use ?? how did i manage to rip these dvds? i ve tried with pssplex with no result please help!!

8. shakeelw

shakeelw Guest

Mr.Toast, how did you extract the FMV's from FFX-2? I too found the Japanese tool but don't know how to use it.
    Using FFX2Mov, I was able to extract FMV's from FFX, though. However, I was wondering if there was a way to extract the cutscenes as well.

Thank you.
    Shakeel.

9. MrToast

MrToast Guest

you know im not sure, it was just a blind button push and I got it to work... I used a couple other apps too, I will post more when I get back home

cheers