1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final Fantasy VI psp save problem

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by fatleon5, Sep 27, 2007.

1. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

Ive just put FFVI the psx version on my psp but when I save a game the next time I try to load the data it says load failed. Is there any way around this? This is one of the only FF games I havn't played and Ive heard its a great game so I hope to get it working properly somehow. Thanks for your help.

2. Raxinzane

Raxinzane Member

Hi. I've got the same problem. :(. Really sucks.
    Thanks for any help :)

3. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

it must be the game's fault.

4. Raxinzane

Raxinzane Member

Ja, the image is probably corrupt or something. I'll just resort to the SNES version.

Thanks anyway :)

5. EEE31

EEE31 Regular member

I have downloaded a copy of this game and also ripped my own PSX disc and the problem exists on both copies. You either have to play the game straight through without changing games or you are screwed.

6. fatleon5

fatleon5 Regular member

I've managed to get this working now, it was a while back so im not sure now but I think I used popsloader and got the 3.03 prx files (somehow, there are guides online for this im sure) then I deleted my FFVI save file what the game would not read then I ran FFVI under 3.03 pops then saved. Then I think I ran it normal again and it said the save needed to be converted because of a new version or something and now the saves read fine. I know for definate I used popsloader to get it working, but if you dont have the prx files for the firmware your trying to run then you'll get a blank screen.

(say if you are on 3.71 m33-4 and the game used to run better under an older version, like 3.03, you can trick the game into thinking you still have the older version using popsloader but you must get the prx files for that particular version. I remember it being quite hard to get the files though.)

7. wslasher

wslasher Member

Hi fatleon5, can you please help me out? I want to try your method in making the save data work. I understand you used popsloader but what are prx files? I'm confused on how to start doing it. Thanks in advance

8. EEE31

EEE31 Regular member

Follow the instructions HERE
    I have just finished the game and saving wroked great.