1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final Fantasy X hangs itself

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by HerMelin, Apr 29, 2005.

1. HerMelin

HerMelin Member

My burned copy of Final Fantasy X hangs itself at certain points in the game and i cannot continue (i know this cause i've tried different saves saved using another copy). So anyone?

2. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Try rebuilding it! If you do not know how use the search function!

3. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

You can't rebuild Final Fantasy. It has files that are just plain invisible. Try reburning it slower, and on better media. Make sure your laser lens is nice and clean, and try again.

4. Trainp

Trainp Member

Why would you want to rebuild a game that doesnt need rebuilding i nthe first place? like dude above me said.....burn it a slower speed and use good media....

5. HerMelin

HerMelin Member

Thanks ill try that. It's weird no other games have behaved like this.

6. nerro

nerro Member

hi, i have this same problem. the game freezes at most of the cutscenes. now and again it will play them all the way through but it is very annoying. does anyone have a solution to this problem? i have burned the game at 2x using ritek G05 dvd-r. and its the NTSC version. has anyone had these problems with the PAL version?

thanks for any help

7. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

Just make sure you rent a clean copy of the game, and burn normally with GOOD media disc. It's really important to have good media disc, because I burn it on a crappy media and it didn't work. Then, I burned it on good media disc and it worked fine. Make sure the copy you rent is clean.

8. nerro

nerro Member

hi vgaddict8, can i just ask what type of ps2 you have and whether you are using a modchip or another method to boot up?

im using one of the older models (not slim) and using magic 3.

you said to use good media, is there anything better that i could use than the ritek G05, and what media did you use to get your game working?

thanks for your help

9. vgaddict8

vgaddict8 Guest

nerro, I have swap magic v. 2.0 and a V9 ps2 I think. Memorex discs that are able to burn 4x works fine for me.