1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final Fantasy X Problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Tobal_2, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Tobal_2

Tobal_2 Guest

I am about to backup Final Fantasy X on PS2... I have the following system info
    PS2 V3 USA NTSC With No Mod-Chip AND A FLIP TOP LID And The Action Replay that has a built in DVD-Region-X and Memory Card Manager and is for use on American Consoles.
    I have been trying to test if a backup of it would boot up.

I ran a series of tests...
    1. I put in action replay, push eject for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (Bigger file size than all my games) Then swap it for Final Fantasy X, Both are original copies that I am using to see if one would boot the other, I hit X to boot up, it sounds like its about to go, then Stops, goes back to the PS2 Browser (why?) and then quickly goes to the Red screen that says INSERT PS2 FORMAT DISC.
    2. So then i attempt to see if my Grand Theft Auto: Vice City will boot up Wild Arms 3 Original Copies, Wild Arms is smaller than Vice City. It works successfully.
    3. so then I see if My final fantasy x would boot up Wild Arms 3 with original Copies, Final Fantasy is bigger than Wild Arms. It does the same thing as booting Final Fantasy X with Vice City...

So then I am stuck thinking Final Fantasy X can't boot or be booted up...

I have PS2 CDR Games that i have booted up already
    and i've Played MP3's On Ps2
    i've also watched DIVX on PS2

But not in that whole time have i gotten the red screen while booting up with Action Replay.

Is there a patch for Final Fantasy X to fix this?

Technically, would a Maxell DVD-R 4.7GB Work to Burn A DVD-R Game and play It with action replay and a fliptop on a V3 PS2?
    What do you normally use? DVD-R OR DVD+R

Has anyone successfully copied FFX???

Thanks For your Future help

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

yes ffx can be backedup and booted with swap magic dont know about action replay.i personly use ritek g04 dvd-r disc's for my backups