1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final fantasy x2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by pyroxide, Feb 1, 2004.

1. pyroxide

pyroxide Member

Hi, Ive got a problem here. I tried several times to copy final fantasy x2 on princo dvd-r but everytime i put the dvd in my ps2 it just stays on the "please insert a ps2 or psx game" screen.. Ive got a PS2 MAGIC 50K modchip and i'm pretty sure the installation is ok since i can play psx backups fine and originals too. The way i copied it is the same was as the pinned topic explains. I tried with both nero and record now max and both can't boot.. My question is.. is it the media that's not good.. or maybe my installation.. or is it that final fantasy x2 can't be copied.. i also tried to backup dot.hack// part I and II.. with the same results.. im actually really pissed off.. hope someone will have an answer to my problem!

Thankz, PyroX

2. pyroxide

pyroxide Member

maybe another thing to mention is that ive got a v9 ps2. the one with the integrated infrared receiver and with the reduced-noise system.

3. vvha

vvha Member

I have a v4 using a flip top cover with smd and was able to back up ffx2 without a problem. The back up was made using Nero and Memorex discs that id as CMC. Normally I only use Riteks but the CMC's were all I had lying around at the time. I haven't used Princos before but they seem to have a pretty bad reputation based on what I've heard on various boards. You'll probably have more luck burning with Ritek discs.

4. pyroxide

pyroxide Member

I can't find riteks anywhere around here... Maybe Quebec is somewhere lost in this world lol Actually I think i could find memorex.. so maybe it'll work..
    Who knows.. ;)

5. pyroxide

pyroxide Member

Memorex doesn't work either.. anyone else got a clue?

PyroX

6. majere

majere Member

i backed up that game successfully using NERO and TDK DVD+Rs. burned at 8x and it worked just fine.

7. gfdsa

gfdsa Member

I copied a few ps2 games with alcohol 120% and its working. so i copied ffx2 to. and it work.
    but it always doing weird (going slow) if the movies coming.
    and last time when i tried to copy ssx3. its a failure, and that was the first time. maybe its protected.

8. Slofire

Slofire Member

peroxide try www.blankmedia.ca

they have riteks of all kinds

9. pyroxide

pyroxide Member

ok thankz a lot