1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final fantasy XII long time load problem with magic swap

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by denisp84, Jun 15, 2007.

1. denisp84

denisp84 Guest

I just burned FFXII and it boots up fine with magic swap disc but it takes forever to load. When you go from one area to another it takes so long to load up the area. And also it takes too long to load the saving game. It wasn't taking this long with the original disc.
    Does anyone having this problem? Any solution to this?
    Thanks to any help.

2. immortal5

immortal5 Regular member

My backup of this game runs find and load times aren't that long. I use Swap magic too burned at 4x on Sony media. Perhaps you need better media or burn it slower.

3. denisp84

denisp84 Guest

I have Verbatim DVD+R 16x, and I burned it at half speed which is 8x and it's still doing the same thing. Can you tell me step by step the burning process? Like how you burned it and what program did you use?
    Thanks.

4. SonicTH

SonicTH Regular member

+R?

That's not a good thing. -Rs are the way to go.

HOWEVER...I've been having quite a few problems with the so-called "holy grail" that is Verbatim media.

5. denisp84

denisp84 Guest

I have read other forums saying that DVD+R are the best for back up ps2 games, that's why I just bought 100 Verbatim DVD+R and now you are saying DVD-R is better.
    I don't think that is the problem.

6. immortal5

immortal5 Regular member

It's all depends on your PS2. Some actually like +R better and some like -R better. Some can take both. I've used both and neither have given me any problems. If one doesn't work for you, you should definitely try the other. I ripped it with DVD Decrypter and just burned the image with Ner0 7 Express. Came out great the first time. Try to burn it at 4x or even 12x. Some games work better burned slow and some work better burned fast. Luck.

7. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Simple solution:

Get Verbatim or Sony DVD-R. Make sure they are burnable at 4x. If you are burning with DVD+R, make sure you booktype.

Try Verbatim or Sony DVD-Rs. And the other forums, probably aren't experienced in PS2 modding.