1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FINAL hdloader DVD 9 thread (hopefully)

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by niights05, Sep 20, 2004.

1. niights05

niights05 Member

i just wanted to make a thread for anyone that knows / wants to know anything about installing DVD 9 games onto HDloader. there are so many conflicting opinions out there and it would be nice to finally get the bottom line on this topic.

[bold] do you need to rip to dvd 5 before installing with WINHIIP / HDL_DUMP / ETC. ? or can you just install the DVD 9 image directly without shrinking first?

has anyone gotta the extras in Madden 2005 CE to work on their hd loader?

do dual layered games lose any quality / content if ripped to DVD 5 or ripped via HANDINESS / WINHIIP / HDL_DUMP? [/bold]

if anyone can answer these questions, i'm sure it would be a great help to everyone that would like to install games like Xenosaga / Madden 2005 CE / and GTA: SAN ANDREAS onto their hdd's. thank you.

2. don_shabz

don_shabz Regular member

If anyone knows the answers to this guys questions I'd love to know aswell! I want san adreas to be ripped onto my hard drive but dunno if it will work or not. Help plzzz

3. pirkster

pirkster Member

You're better off checking out ps2ownz forums for good answers on your general DVD9 ripping questions. I never could get anyone here to give any useful information, so I would only assume there are more DVD9 savvy folks over there than over here.

As far as GTA:SA goes, it's been widely reported that this title works fine with HD Loader/HD Advance even without the need for using any modes. There are also many jokesters out there that would tell you otherwise for their own amusement, but it is confirmed to be HD compatible without having to rip or use any modes.