1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FINAL hdloader DVD 9 thread (hopefully)

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by niights05, Sep 20, 2004.

1. niights05

niights05 Member

i just wanted to make a thread for anyone that knows / wants to know anything about installing DVD 9 games onto HDloader. there are so many conflicting opinions out there and it would be nice to finally get the bottom line on this topic, and in one place, esp. with GTA:SA coming out in about a month.

do you need to rip to dvd 5 before installing with WINHIIP / HDL_DUMP / ETC. ? or can you just install the DVD 9 image directly without shrinking first?

has anyone gotta the extras in Madden 2005 CE to work on their hd loader?

do dual layered games lose any quality / content if ripped to DVD 5 or ripped via HANDINESS / WINHIIP / HDL_DUMP?

if anyone can answer these questions, i'm sure it would be a great help to everyone that would like to install games like Xenosaga / Madden 2005 CE / and GTA: SAN ANDREAS onto their hdd's. thank you.

- - i posted this thread in the ps2 dvd backup discussion board but i don't know how to delete it from there. i just realized that it might be more suited to this board. sorry about that - -

2. deltoid

deltoid Member

From my understanding of how to get it to work is.

Rip the DVD9 image to your harddrive on your pc. Plug your ps2 hdd into the pc. Install the image.

3. Megadeth

Megadeth Regular member

Using WinHIIP or PS2 HD Handiness,you can backup your PS2DVD9 directly to your PS2HDD by connecting it to the slave IDE slot of your pc... No need to rip..

Check here for game compatibility....
    http://hdloader.cricex.com/

Some games don't work...