1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finalize disc dislikes

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by towerman, Mar 21, 2007.

1. towerman

towerman Member

Hey all, my daughter bought a Phillips DVDR3390 to replace and older stand alone burner that went bad. On the old burner (cyberhome brand I believe) after recording a movie, when played on a different dvd player, the movie started playing automatically. On this new Phillips you get a Phillips logo screen with a small box with the first frame of the movie. You have to hit play again to start it. The manual has no info about turning this off, nor is their any info on their website. Can this be done or is this a feature on all new stand alone burners.
    thanks for any help

2. attar

attar Senior member

That's the Title List and my Panasonic does the same.
    It's the first thing you see when you insert the disk into a player.
    I see no way around it unless you want to reauthor the dvd on your PC.

3. towerman

towerman Member

Thanks for the info attar. I ended up calling Philips help line yesterday. After finally getting through, the customer service lady told me basically the same. It wouldn't be so bad if the title frame to start them movie was in the middle of the screen. With it all the way at the top on my other tvs half of it gets cut off. Philips said there was not any way to modify anything on the title page.
    Once again
    thanks