1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

finalizing dvds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by duke2312, Feb 10, 2005.

1. duke2312

duke2312 Member

Thank you for letting me join. I am running a windows xp professional and my dvd burner is i/o magic 16x dual format double layer. The problem I am having is trying to burn Man on Fire. Reads great ,but when trying to burn it goes straight to finalizing. I have made six coasters in a row. I have already updated filmware. It gives the message error writing after it finally comes out.

Please help

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

need to know what apps are used? try useing dvd decrypter to rip and dvd shrnik to compress etc...

as these are well tested apps on here and we know more about these apps....

3. duke2312

duke2312 Member

Thank you for your reply. I thought that when you purchased this software everything you needed to copy dvd's was with it. ( I have dvdxcopy platinum that also includes dvdxrescue and has picture of nemo on back ) I have also removed old patin-couffin engine and removed pcSetup. exe file. I replaced it with patin couffin engine 1.17 .

4. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

I think it's time to drop the DVDxCopy Platinum and start using DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter along with Nero6 preferably. Most of us at one time or another used x-copy but not anymore. You’ll see much better results without the headaches and with updated, current freeware such as DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. Give it a try... :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2005
  5. duke2312

duke2312 Member

Thank you for your reply. It's not what I wanted to hear. I just brought this software a week ago and cannot get my money back. Anyhow what do I do about the patin-couffin engine that I deleted from my computer ? Don't I have to have engine installed?

6. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

You will not need it with the software that I spoke about previously. Just look at it this way, your DVDxCopy Platinum just got a tremendous update and it's now called freeware! :) I purchased Platinum well over a year ago and it's been collecting dust for close to the same amount of time. We've all been there.

7. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

duke2312--
    Don't feel too bad--many of us have DVD X copy too--in fact, I have used it a couple times just to make sure it works! Rotary is giving sound advice and Scubabud is as well--DVD Shrink and DVD Decryptor are completely free and available right here with quite a few options available for ripping/burning etc. Many like Nero to burn, but that is a preference--any burning program can be used--I think you should try the DVD Decryptor/DVD Shrink combo (Maybe with an RW disk if you have one, just in case!)Here is a link to Scubapete's guides which I learned from---

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/tutorial007.html

Have fun--

Whitfield

8. duke2312

duke2312 Member

I will give these a try. Thank both of you for all the help.