1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

finally.. 3.11 to 3.40 oe-a

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by perdbest, Jun 25, 2007.

1. perdbest

perdbest Member

hey folks... today im so happy.. coz my psp gold edition with 3.11 has been succesfully upgrade to 3.40 oe-a... eventhough i just waste my moneyaround 100 dollar but it was satisfied result.. it is stabill... and now i can download any games and play in my psp with 4gb memorystick... shit.. im so happy right now... thnx to the technician who upgrade my psp to 3.40 oe-a... choww~~
    ^_^

2. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Uh... don't mean to rain on your parade... but, you do realize a downgrader for upto 3.50 is going to come out within the week, right? But to hell with it, congratz and welcome to OE.

3. Shanekiv

Shanekiv Member

I only know the basics of the psp and I have just joined this site looking for help. I have a blue japanese psp. At the minute its 3.11. I have successfully downloaded 3.40 but it won't install/ run. It keeps saying "The system configuration of this psp does not appear to be correct. The update cannot completed. Contact technical support for assistance (DRNffffffcd)" My memory card has plenty of space and I have full power. I have downloaded it several times.

A while back I deleted my MP_ROOT folders but I copied ones off my friends psp and put them back on mines. Could this be affecting it?

4. Shanekiv

Shanekiv Member

p.s. what is 'o.e.'?

5. perdbest

perdbest Member

oe means open edition.. that means u can play download games in your psp... my psp also japanese psp gold colour with 3.11 firmware... but now i had upgrade to 3.40 oe-a..

6. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Did you buy yours new? Or used. If it's used, you might have gotten one with corrupted idstorage key during a previous downgrade/brick that you don't know about. Sony's newer firmwares (3.30 and above), will detect this corrupted key and prevent the updater from running. You cannot upgrade and obviously cannot downgrade, and pretty much "stuck" on 3.11.

Good news is that, thank Noobz finding out the Luminus exploit. It works on ALL firmware. So potentially you can run a downgrader or a key fixer for 3.11. Even though no such things exist right now, be assured that they will release one to fix these "sticky" situations.

7. Shanekiv

Shanekiv Member

I bought it new and all I am looking to do is upgrade it, nothing fancy. I have downloaded 3.71 and that won't install either, even after formatting the memory stick. I copied the update from my psp to a friends via computer and his upgraded fine, but mines wont. Any ideas?

8. Shanekiv

Shanekiv Member

Will buying a new memory stick sort this?

Also, does anyone know where I can get any cheap?