1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally a real Fix for uTorrent if you are running Vista!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by wolv2377, Nov 24, 2007.

1. wolv2377

wolv2377 Regular member

Ok, I have been having a big problem *Sharing in vista, DL speeds was so low that I could do anything! This is a simple guide! Hope it helps someone as it has me! Also can anyone helpout with a Demonoid subsitute? That was the only site I had...Hint Hint?I will keep checking pm's! Thanks

Set uTorrent at its standard port of 60065, then close uTorrent.. then open services (type services.msc in the little 'start search' box on the bottom of the start menu...
    change....(by double clicking on the seervice)
    set it to
    SSDP Discovery - 'STOP' the service and set to 'Disabled'
    UPnP Device Host - 'STOP' the service and set to 'Disabled'

THEN
    open windows firewall ... (if not already added, add the uTorrent program as an exception)

AND
    add 'PORT' Name it uTorrent TCP and use port number 60065 and select 'TCP'

AND
    add 'PORT' Name it uTorrent UDP and use port number 60065 and select 'UDP'

So you should have 3 exceptions...uTorrent EXE and the port 60065 for UDP & TCP
    THEN open uTorrent and let it run with a download and you will see the Icon turn green as usual within about 30 secs
    and downloads as usual

HERE IS PROOF -> http://img71.imageshack.us/my.php?image … stant4.jpg

ALSO if you are looking for Decent Anti-Virus and Realtime spyware protection For FREE
    try Avast Home edition for VISTA (its free with registration)
    and Spyware Terminator which is also FREE and offers real-time spyware protection (it also has Clam Anti-virus Add-in installed) so you are double protected (Avast + Clam =Antivirus / Windows Defender + Spyware terminator =Antispyware)

2. jbfoster

jbfoster Member

I tried it and it did not work. I started two downloads. one was downloading at .3 and the other was downloading at 12. The uploads were doing about 45. Way to slow of downloads. It said 9 weeks for the download to complete.

Jim