1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally - I Did It - Thank You All !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bodul67, Jan 26, 2003.

1. bodul67

bodul67 Regular member

PS2 V4, Magic3 Mod, Nero - I finally installed the Magic3, A little tedius but well worth the time. All my DVD-R backups work great! Even my GTA3 & Vice City. Thank you all for the info on thses postings, they really helped me out. Now off to the video rental store and START BURNING - YAH BABY!!!

2. knch9114

knch9114 Guest

Are you able to play DVD +r/rw on your PS2 v4?

3. holts

holts Guest

bodul67
    I have a ps2 v4 with magic 3 i also installed this myself but my ps2 does not play any backups it plays all originalls and dvd,s but not backups any advice

4. knch9114

knch9114 Guest

You are absolutely right, bodul67. I’d tried playing a burned DVD+rw last night on the PS2 v4 last night and gotten zero result. Where do I go from here? Are most of the PS2 in the stores now, version 5 to 7 or just version 7s? Is the Messiah2 easier to install on the 5 and above PS2 versions?

5. bodul67

bodul67 Regular member

knch9114,
    I have the Pioneer A105 DVD/CD Burner - I've only burned on DVD-R and they work without any promblems whats so ever. I haven't tried +R/RW yet, so I really couldn't say - sorry.

6. bodul67

bodul67 Regular member

holts,
    I've responded to one of your postings about where to solder to "S" wire. The only thing that I could suggest is that maybe there is something wrong with the soldering, you might have a soldered a bridge between 2 pionts that are close together. Open it up again and double check everything carefully. It took me about 6 Hours the mod my PS2. Also check the "Ground" & "S" wires. Also check to see, when you start to put the PS2 together that the exposed end of the modded wires are not touching any exposed circuits on the board when they are forced down flat. Other than that I really don't know - sorry.

7. bodul67

bodul67 Regular member

holts,
    I really don't know what the "S" wire purpose is for? But make sure you connect it to the top corner of the circuit it's supposed to go to. It took me about 1/2 hour before I got it to stay correctly. Be careful not to fry the existing circuit. good luck.

8. knch9114

knch9114 Guest

Do anyone know if I buy a PS2 today, will it be a version 7?

9. Gx-9900

Gx-9900 Member

yes it will be a version 7, unless its been in stock forever. If you want to be sure, look at the model number on the box. It will say 90001 or something like that.

10. sangeroo

sangeroo Member

I can't seem to get any burned games to work with my PS2 V4 with Magic 3 as well. I tried to backup my ps2 dvd games using the A05 burner and Nero. I made a disk to disk backup copy and it won't boot the game. Are there any special steps I need to do for it to boot from the dvd-r? I'm using Ritek disks as well. Any info would be appreciated.