1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding downloads on PS3 Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by SkippyM, Apr 21, 2007.

1. SkippyM

SkippyM Member

hi, ok, i went onto the ps3 marketplace thing, i downloaded a couple of demos, tekken 5 DR and GT concept HD, but...........how come i can't find mortal kombat 2, i also heard that there is ps1 game downloads but i can't find were they are eather, could someone please tell me were to download the other stuff, thank yous, i live in europe, that wouldent have anything to do with it would it?

2. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

well i can't help much seeing as I live in the states, because it does matter where you live. they release different things to different regions.

3. dpickett

dpickett Guest

Okay, now some help from some who is willing to do a litlle bit of explaining...

This is how it is. The PSN Store is broke down into about 3 different stores. To make it easy we are going to call them the

"USA Store" the "Europe Store" and the "Japan Store"

Okay, you live in the great eropean area, life is good, but say you want something from another region that has something you want.
    (The other guy is correct, they do release stuff in the order of Japan, USA, Europe Normally)

Right now your PS3 is set up with your username and thats connected to your PSN Store account correct?, correct.

All you have to do is this

1. Make another use name, for the sake of making it easy name it "USA", or leave it "User 2" I don't really care.

2. Switch to that user on the PS3

3. Make a new PSN account
    (This is where you are going to to be like...
    "omgadzz lik i dont liv in da usa!"
    Don't worry about it, sony doesnt know that.

For the information just make it up, if it spits back an error message, google a real location in the usa and fill it in, but trust me, it doesnt matter. Fake the email address and when it asks for one. When it comes to the the "wallet" skip that option, you wont be able to purchase anything. Some how it knows. My example it this, i live in the usa, i made a euro account and tried entering my USA cc# and it wouldnt take it., could be a fluke, or something.
    anyways, back to the instructions...

4. That should be it, you should have another user on your ps3, and it should be linked to your "new" fake PSN Store account in another region.

2354234232. Now when it comes to the Japan account, this one was a little trickier, its a lot of just entering random information in the spots, using your experience of making your home account, and the other english account, you should kind of have an idea of what info goes where.

p.s.s.s.s.s

btw doing the survery at the end of the setup is very confusing in japanesse lol

FAQ

Q. omgs! will this brick my PS3?
    A. No.

Q. WiLl ThE $0^|y polie cum kill my dog?
    A. Uh, no.

Q. How did you figure this out, doods you;re like a god!!!1!!
    A. Umm, no, i figured it out by playing around thats it. After i did it i went online and used a thing called "google" and found out a few other people did too.

Q. Okay, so what are you doing with your ps3 right now?
    A. weell i spent over 600 bucks to fold protien on a sony 40" bravia, so far its been a waste.

4. SkippyM

SkippyM Member

thanks for the faq man, will do that. cheers

5. dpickett

dpickett Guest

lol, no problem. I highly reccomend other people make alternative ids and browese other stores.

the japan store has this thing with two cartoony cats on the icon, its a free download and its like some sony news feed and mini game.

I dont know, its funny, lol my girlfriend thinks the game is hilarious lol

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2007
  6. DBM_Bones

DBM_Bones Regular member

Does this also mean you can play on the USA games servers for RFOM.

7. StDeath

StDeath Member

That's bad ass. There are games that are paid for in the usa, but free in japan. Nyce. Thanks man.

8. dpickett

dpickett Guest

What ones are free in japan that are not in the USA?

So hows my little faq helping you guy? having fun :)?

9. StDeath

StDeath Member

Actally, nevermind, I thought BlastFactor was free, :p

10. kwloonkid

kwloonkid Member

i havae a hk psn account and theres not much on there at them mo

11. TheNick

TheNick Guest

..does anyone know if there's any content on the japanese PSN that's not on the US one? is it worth it to set up?

12. dpickett

dpickett Guest

Yes, so set this up.

13. TheNick

TheNick Guest

Oh, i will, and thanks a lot for the guide - just gotta dig up a japanese address i suppose. Can you tell me specifically what content the japanese PSN has that we americans dont? any particular videos/demos etc?
    Also, would it be worth it to do a euro one, if they just get our stuff but later, or do they have varying content as well? Thanks in advance for this.