1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

finding FTP sites

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by brendy19, Jan 12, 2005.

1. brendy19

brendy19 Guest

can anyone give me tips on finding ftp site to download music and movies? i am familiar with p2p software i use them alot but i heard about ftp site downloading and wanted to try it. i have spent a lot of time tryin t find site but no accomplishment!!! PLEASE HELP

2. Woz

Woz Regular member

You will be lucky to see someone advertising an FTP enabling people to download music etc. Normally the oweners of an FTP site will only release the information to friends or people who can be trusted with the site. If you think about it, if the music industry found these sites out they would do their very best to shut them down. My advice: Newsgroups!

3. Ravoz

Ravoz Member

no chance of anyone posting an ftp site..not that they dont trust you..well they dont..

Just use IRC or BitTorrent both are ok although not as good as newsgroup.

4. Easycola

Easycola Regular member

Well, there were some FTP-sites and forums(and could still be) listed on few web places. These used to be ftp sites based on credits (download amount based on upload ration). Not bothered checking such sites for ages now, so no idea about the current status. Lifeftp was one.

The more revarding way to one is aqquired by doing some amount of social engineering, so to speak. Good place to start with would be irc, getting contacts (private ftps) and slowly getting your foot between the door...Lots a chit chatting, fair share of sharing your stuff etc. Not for impatient ones for sure. No guarantined outcome. If you get in, fast and hashle free.

5. silent85

silent85 Member

What is newsgroup????

6. Woz

Woz Regular member

Take a look at this I found, this should explain it well enough.

Collections of related messages (also called articles) on a particular topic that are posted to a news server by users, which then distributes them to other participating servers. There are thousands of newsgroups covering a wide range of subjects. You must subscribe to a newsgroup in order to participate in it or to track the discussion on an on-going basis. Newsgroups are found primarily on Usenet.

Source: http://www.wmo.ch/web/www/WDM/Guides/Internet-glossary.html

Depending on the service you use will depend on what you get. I subscribe to Newzbin and have never looked back.

Woz

Hope this helps.