1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding what CSS protection DVD is using????

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by patid, Jan 23, 2005.

1. patid

patid Member

Was wondering what is the best progarm to run to detect what type of CSS is being used.... I have read that some rippers can't do the newer CSS, I am just trying to learn as I go.....

Thanks

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I've never read about a program that allows you to see what copy protections is being used. I know it can be done with PC games.

You are correct about this. Some programs will update their software when newer/different copy protections/schemes are used. Recently DVD Decrypter was updated and AnyDVD was updated 3 or 4 times in the last week.

3. brobear

brobear Guest

AnyDVD's last update was just yesterday, with today being only a few minutes old. AnyDVD is the favorite of many just for keeping the decryption software up to date faster than the other programs.

DVD Decrypter as Flip pointed out is no piker and it's free. The AnyDVD has a 3 week trial, so there's no reason not to road test it. http://www.slysoft.com Read the product description so you understand how it works. With a tough DVD, rip with Decrypter while leaving AnyDVD running. With this setup, I've been lucky enough not to have had any encryption problems.