1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finish Format on Panasonic DVD Recorder

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by gossard, Mar 18, 2007.

1. gossard

gossard Guest

Hi,

I am trying to solve a problem for a friend as follows:

He has a panasonic DVD/VHS recorder (sorry I don't have exact model number.)There are formatting facilities on this recorder and you must choose a finish format. He has spent a while using the in built movie editing facilities on this panasonic hardware. It plays fine in the recorder but won't play on the pc or ordinary DVD players.

I know he is uing the DVD - R disks as recommended with the hardware so I am assuming it is the final write format that is wrong. Can anyone let me know the correct format to finish with on this DVD recorder?

Also, is there any way to get his files from the DVD-R disk and convert into a different format as his pc wont even recognise the files on the disk.

Thank You.

Gossard

2. attar

attar Senior member

I have a Panasonic stand alone dvd recorder.
    Panasonic refers to the process as "finalizing" and is accessed from 'disc management'.

When finalized, the dvd will be playable on a PC or another standalone player.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  3. gossard

gossard Guest

Hi,

I realise this process is called finalizing, but what format should it be finalised into as there are a couple of options available on the player/recorder.

Whatever format he chose to finalise his last dvd to, doesn't play in his pc or other dvd's. It only plays in his panasonic recorder.

Stone

4. attar

attar Senior member

My Panasonic does not offer any options.
    Is one of the options 'DVD-V' ?