1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finished DMS4 Pro pictures?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by MemRex, Jan 31, 2005.

1. MemRex

MemRex Member

Does anyone have a finished v4 PS2 with the DMS4 Pro chip in it? I just want to see how everything should fit and where I should run the wires. Also, on the install diagrams, it says you can put some wires in one of two spots. Where is the best? Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

2. cz0840

cz0840 Member

I do, send me an email to: [NOEMAILSALLOWED@AFTERDAWN.COM]

- Kurt

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  3. MemRex

MemRex Member

Wow.... After 14 hours of back-breaking labor and a letdown from pressing triangle instead of square, I finally have my chip installed!!!!! *squeel* Not bad for a first-timer. *insert brags here*
    THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH for all the help!! I owe you my eternal gratitude and euphoria

4. cz0840

cz0840 Member

You are welcome!!! I know how frustrating it can be without assistance.

- Kurt

5. MemRex

MemRex Member

False alarm... All I can get the chip to do is disable. If I try to load up a disk, I get a disk read error. Please don't tell my I fried the laser already! I made a flash disk (or upgrade... got it from the dms site) and still get nothin'. Holding some buttons (start, 1 buttons, ect.) drops me right into the browser menu for the PS2. I can't seem to get into the chip. Think a BIOS soldering error is to blame? I'm just gonna ask before I go in and re-do it. 14 hours is too long in such a small box. Hope your seemingly endless knowlege for this product can help.

6. cz0840

cz0840 Member

if you burned a proper CD image then all you have to do is:

turn on PS2
    insert CD software disc
    close DVD tray
    turn off your PS2
    then turn on your PS2 and wait for the TOXIC menu to appear.

If you do not see the TOOXIC menu (meaning the CD disk does not load), then 1 of 3 things it can be (most likely):

1) Bad CD image disk (try using a better brand of CD disk i.e. Maxell, TDK...etc.)
    2) Your laser needs adjusting http://www.geocities.com/djyayo/faq4.html (see adjusting volatge link)
    3) Your install is flawed and re-install it
    4) As a last resort, your laser is burned-out

7. MemRex

MemRex Member

You're a flippin genious. I ordered another CD drive though... Maybe I should have waited, but I don't care. I'll try adjusting that stuff and tell you how it goes. Thanks for the help mate!