1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fire stick

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by menszone, Jan 28, 2016.

1. menszone

menszone Member

Hope some can help ?, how do I load kodi onto my fire stick

2. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

3. Hrdrk

Hrdrk Member

On your pc, setup a Amazon account and include a mailing address. Log out of the pc then log in to the firestick with the same log in info.

Go the popular free app section and download ES File. This is your firestick Web browser.

Go to kodi.tv, then SPMC to have two different builds on one stick.

Kodi.tv. download the ARM version then move that misrable mouse down to the bottom right of the page. Click on the three dots and select open new Web page to download and install.

4. Stidy

Stidy Newbie

Help!!!

I recently purchased a jailbroken fire stick however when I load up kodi I can't see anything but I can hear clicking when I move the remote as if there is something in the background. Yet all I can see is what's below. Anyone have a fix for this? IMG_4234.JPG

5. piopat

piopat Active member

if it was simply a hdmi cable or hdmi connection problem i doubt the time and date would be visible or anything else for that matter . so it may well be hdcp (high bandwidth digital copyright protection ) . any official device such as a firestick will likely have such copyright protection software in it .

if the firestick thinks your tv or the device its connected to is not hdcp compliant it will not all the content (picture ) through in full or at all , that may be the problem .

the following is from an piece that may help you

The issue does not seem widespread enough for me to recommend not updating to the latest software version for this reason alone. It will likely not affect you or your TV. The simplest solution to overcome the issue, if it does affect you, is to reboot the Fire TV while the TV is already on and set to the Fire TVs input. You can reboot the Fire TV by holding the SELECT button and PLAY button on your remote for 10 seconds. You can do this even if you are looking at a blank black screen.

[​IMG]

An alternate solution to bypass this issue all together is to place an HDMI splitter in between the Fire TV and your television. I purchased and tested the Etekcity 1×2 HDMI Splitter for this article and can confirm that it fixes the issue. An HDMI splitter is meant to turn one HDMI signal into two. In order to do this, it must perform the HDCP check in place of your television. Since the splitter is always on, it is always ready to respond to an HDCP check regardless of how early the Fire TV performs it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008B7ARRK/?tag=aftvn-20

here is the above piece in full

http://www.aftvnews.com/recent-fire-tv-software-updates-causing-blank-screen-issues-related-to-hdcp/

6. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

For new Firestick owners, you first need to create an account at Amazon.com on your pc. (You don't need a credit card but you do need to input a current mailing address.) Once you create an account, log out and log in on the Firestick with the same log in info.

ES file explorer is old news. If you have an android smartphone, download the Kodi apk and Fire Installer apk files. Go to the settings on the Firestick and enable debugging and allow outside programs (both should be ON) write down the
    IP address of the stick and enter it into the Fire Installer program. Select which apk file you want to send to the stick and press enter. In a short time you will see the apk on the Firestick screen.