1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fire wire troubles

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by juice90, Mar 18, 2005.

1. juice90

juice90 Member

hi everybody.
    I have a belkin firewire card, and a canon zr 80 dig vidio camera. I first tried setting this up on my girlfriends puter, and it worked. Puter was a pent 2, 350. Slow, but it worked. I then brought it home, hooked it to mine and all kinds of trouble.
    My puter is a celleron 500. Both puters use win me.
    My puter says the card is working, but refuses to detect thge camera, or asks for a driver for the cam.
    I see others are haveing troubles similar, but i am wondering if there is a prob with my puter setup, or the fact that its a celleron processor? Any ideas?
    Thanks

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

I would not think that you have a Celeron processor is the problem.
    If you have a proper connection, you should not need a driver. Explain exactly what happens and what messages that you get when you connect your camera and turn it on for better help.

3. juice90

juice90 Member

it never installed the way the instructions indicated, dureing the auto install. It kept looking for bus.sys file, so I installed it manually, useing the texas instruments driver for the fire wire card, as it sugested in the instructions.Under system, it says its working fine, but when i use a program, and it doesn't seem to matter which one, nero, unlead,windows movie, or vidio exploseing delux, it doesn't pick up the camera. About the only thing it does, is when u turn off the camera, the timer comes on momentarily.I have tried all three pci ports, as well as all three plugs on the fire wire card, and nothing changes. Just doesn't find the capture device.
    I am at a complete loss as to why it does this. I have installed a bigger, and faster harddrive, extra ram, and even upgraded windows, and nothing works. I am thinking about trying on yet another puter, just to see if the problem persists, or if its a problem, with the card, cable or camera, but bought everything new in the last month, and haven't really used anyof it yet.
    The only other thing I can think of is a missing file, or a system configureation problem, to which I am at a loss to see.

4. juice90

juice90 Member

Been doing some investigateing, and heres a silly thought. What are the chances my power supply is insufficent, to run this?
    Its a 200 watt supply, i have a dvd burner, dvd player, 128 megs ram, 40 gig western dig hardrive,and a grafics card. and now the belkin firewire card.And the system is a celeron 500.

5. juice90

juice90 Member

ok, got mad and formatted c drive, fire wire now works..... go figure