1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

firefox browser

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by rtrg, Apr 26, 2012.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I am using FF 3.6.28 apparently the last update for this version. For the last few days a reminder to ask me to UPGRADE to a newer version appears EVERY time I open FF. In UPDATE box I did check "ASK". The other choice is "AUTO". I do not want either. One button or the other MUST be checked. It is not possible to UNCHECK BOTH. Solution please. I have no intention of UPGRADING. If I UN/REINSTALL from a third party site like OLD APPS. I am sure this issue will persist. Please move as needed.

2. aldan

aldan Active member

only question i have is why on earth wouldnt you upgrade?there is no advantage to keeping such an old version of the browser.

3. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

My friend and I have the same desktop, I gave her my 2nd string tower. She is not very computer savvy. By keeping the desktops the same we can have phone confrences if needed. The pages will be the same as will the keystrokes. I also do not like the look and probably the function of any of the newer versions.

4. aldan

aldan Active member

ff 11 is just as easy to use as ff3.it just got rid of the bugs the previous versions had.your friend should have no trouble navigating it.my wife didnt know how to check her email up until 2 years ago and she likes ff11.i could be wrong but you should still be able to chat etc with different versions.my apology if this is wrong.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

rtrg, i'm using ff3.6.24 besides using ie8. goto tool\options\advanced in firefox & uncheck the 3 boxes for updates.