1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firefox/IE problem

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by badmod, May 1, 2007.

1. badmod

badmod Guest

Hello i have a SBC broadband connection over a wireless network.On the laptop connected directly into the router it will load pages like MSN and myspace.com, but on my computer using wireless myspace or MSN wont work. Also my friend came over with his laptop and he could get myspace over our wireless just fine. Is there something wrong with my computer? why won't myspace load? oh and myspace looks like it is loadign but after like 3 min it gives the "cannot display this page" error.
    Thanks for ur help!

2. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

I know that firefox cannot open msn myspace or get acces directly to your mail from msn.You need IE to be able to open them directly from msn.

Vincent.

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  3. badmod

badmod Guest

wut about myspace that wont work with IE.

4. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

I have no idea what TY4ever is talking about. I only use IE if I have to...I can open, edit, retrieve anything from MSN, MSN Spaces, MySpace...and Hotmail directly from Firefox. If needed, I just use the IETab extension and add the sites to the list.

Try comparing the network, or browser settings between your computer and the one that can access the pages.

5. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

@Morph416

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/499734

Above is a link in another thread where there's another member getting same problem as me,not being able to access myspace and mail directly from msn by firefox,when you click on myspace or mail from msn,it opens with IE only.But if you want to open your mail and myspace independently from msn,this you can by firefox.

So you mean you can access them by firefox and not IE directly from your msn?Can you please help me in doing so as i would like too getting firefox as my default browser for opening myspace and mail directly from msn.

Vincent.

6. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Ah.........gotcha!!

Ok....so, you want it to open up your hotmail when you click the email icon in Messenger?

Ya know...in MSN Messenger 7.5, that wasn't an issue. Once I had Firefox as the default browser it used that to open the emails. But, ever since Windows Live Messenger came along, it stopped doing that. It may have to do with Microsoft tying the two together for the upcoming Live Mail release.

If I can find out how to change that so Firefox opens hotmail thru WLM...I'll let ya know.

7. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Yeah!That's what i was talking about.Btw,me too i use windows live messenger,i just call it msn messenger because in the past i used msn messenger 7.5,but even with the 7.5 before i was unable to open them with firefox.But do let me know if you get anything else on that.

Thanks,

Vincent.