1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

firefox problems

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by pneboy, Nov 4, 2007.

1. pneboy

pneboy Member

hey im asking for help because everynight firefox wipes my bookmarks off and im asking how do i stop it also its wiped the search engines and if i drag a website under the address bar and above the tabs that goes

thanks for your help and time
    pneboy

2. iSApache

iSApache Member

well it sounds like you need to reinstall firefox...download the latest edition of mozilla firefox at their website http://www.mozilla.com
    then uninstall mozilla firefox from your computer and reinstall with the latest edition that you downloaded...

3. jerry50

jerry50 Guest

Is there a version of firefox designed to work with vista?

4. iSApache

iSApache Member

The latest version of firefox should be compatable with vista just go here and download it: http://www.mozilla.com

5. Byron9

Byron9 Member

I’ve tried to down load and install Mosilla’s Firefox to Windows Vista Home Premium OS. Mosilla downloads just fine but there is no automatic installation procedure that normally follows a download. I just get the “Done” message on the Web download screen. I don’t see the icon anywhere. It has never installed itself.
    What should I do? Can anyone help me? Please.

6. iSApache

iSApache Member

well if it downloaded just fine it had to end up somewhere.Try looking
    in the folder "My Documents" it could be in there if not manually search for it in your C: Drive and double click on it.

I don't Have windows vista i am running XP but that should work...

7. Byron9

Byron9 Member

Thanks I'll do it

8. jerry50

jerry50 Guest

I downloaded the newest version of firefox to Vista Premium Home. It installed properly and seems to be working. I have a number of shortcuts created by Internet Explorer on my desktop. (firefox doesn't allow you to create desktop shortcuts as far as I know). Firefox is my default browser and when I click on the desktop shortcut, I get a message stating that I typed the url wrong. Shortly after I receive this message the web site loads correctly. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

9. Poison47

Poison47 Member

You and everyone els having trouble with Firefox should try watching my "Repairing Firefox for Dummies" video.

Click here to get to the thread.

And don't be afraid to leave any comments on the video itself.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  10. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

you shuold also try visiting the mozilla forum, its like mozillazine or something. try googling it, they are very helpful with quick responses and such. ive been there alot and they always helped me