1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

firefox trouble....connection refusal

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by {TKO}, Aug 18, 2004.

1. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

i recently dl'd firefox at work to see if it has the same secure website problms as IE...(refer to this thread --- http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/102019 --- but when i ran it, it says "the connection was refused when trying to contact ----" any website.......does anyone know why?....thanx in advance

2. IAIHMB

IAIHMB Member

Are you behind a firewall? If so did you add a rule that allows Firefox to connect to the internet? Also, if you have SP2 installed, you might have to make a rule for it in the security center.

3. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

no firewall, and i don't know what psp2 is so i doubt it.....thanx thou....any other ideas

4. Phys

Phys Member

Yeah i have the same problem as you. The webpage won't open with FireFox but it will work with Explorer right?

Sometimes Firefox finds plugins to download.. like the "flash" plugin which i downloaded and now i can open "flash" animations or anything with Firefox. Maybe we need an other plugin??

Last edited: Aug 21, 2004
  5. {TKO}

{TKO} Regular member

same problem Phys...if it is a plugin i wonder why my pc at home didn't have the same problem...plus wouldn't mozilla have the necessary plugins on their site?....hmmmm

6. Phys

Phys Member

yeah mozilla should have the required plugins.. i haven't checked though..