1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

firefox

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by rtrg, Sep 6, 2017.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

please move as needed. I am running win 7 pro 32bit. Issues with FF 55. One it did NOT open for several tries until the last restart got it to open. When it DID open there was only the top of the page, NO search bar and NO home page which has been YAHOO of late. When I enter YAHOO or anything into the address bar NOTHING happens. I looked for an older version and found 37. I would like to find something newer but obviously not 55. I am sure it is not 64 bit as it would never download and an error would appear. What newer version can I use that WILL work? Should I try other versions at random? Is there a setting in my antivirus or firewall that is blocking it? FF was the first app to download after a fresh OS reload. It did not open but it has done this in the past but opened later. use avira AV. Disabled it to no avail. Solution please.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I am running the newest FF with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, and I am having no problems with FF.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

You'd need to do a full uninstall which includes any reference to firefox in the registry & then in all sub folders of C.As some of it gets stored in hidden folders in app data/ roaming.I'd try & find an uninstall tool if it has one to remove all traces.FF has a safe mode which requires browser restart,can't recall where that option is however it will open ff with only the bare minimum as tho you just installed it while disabling addons etc.
    You can install vivaldi for now (came out of break up of original opera browser devs)