1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

firefuckers 1.1 disk knackered my x-box

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by debs182, Sep 13, 2004.

1. debs182

debs182 Member

I tried to flash my evox chip last night with the firefuckers 1.1 disk and now every time i switch it on the green light flashes red and i get a message up on the tv saying my x-box needs technical help and to contact the manufacturers. i'm not a happy bunny, i've got over 50 games and nothing to play them on. Looks like clearing my piggy bank out later. When i've got my new x-box, obviously it will be unchipped, what's the best way to sort it so i can play copies, movies and switch from pal to ntsc? Is there any other type of boot disk out there or should i get it chipped again?

2. L33

L33 Member

Sounds like a bad flash, but don't go spending any pennies yet mate.

Please provide some more info on your xbox specs and maybe myself or someone else can help. Evox is the dash you use and also a bios, but not the actual chip. As far I know you don't get an "EvoX" chip.

Anyway, here's a couple of questions...

What type of chip do you have?
    What bios did you have before?
    What bios did you try and flash?
    Do you get an error code on the green techical screen?

The more info you give the easier it is for people to help.

As for chip alternatives, there's the softmod option. I prefer the chip option myself. www.xbox-scene.com has plenty of information on everything you'd ever need to know about xbox modding / hacking / etc. Check the tutorials section, its very good

Lee