1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firewalls and Getting Around Them

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Spyke8202, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Spyke8202

Spyke8202 Member

Hey Guys, I have a cable modem and think that a firewall is holding me back from getting fast downloads on Kazaa (a p2p). How can I find out if I am on a firewall and if I am, how can i get around it? Thanks for your help!

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

do you have a router also? you'd know if you had a software firewall, but there are routers (such as linksys) that have built in NAT firewalls. I dont think that a firewall would decrease speed since they are meant to either block or allow packets, not regulate speed. and as far as i know, there's no such thing as a fast download from kazaa ;)

3. Trucker

Trucker Member

cable is great but...

there is one problem with it.
    if you,re on a houseblock where are more users using the same cablecompagny your downloadspeed will drop dramaticlly. the best way to check this is stay up late till you now most peoplle are asleep and then try to d/l from a site and then note down the speed and do the same thing the day after on the same side but on a time like 8 or 9 in the evening you will see that your speed has dropped a lot.

and a firewall cant regulate your speed noway never!!!!