1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firm ware will not install

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by troymclur, Mar 16, 2005.

1. troymclur

troymclur Member

I have an LG4120B super multi DVD burner. For some reason it no longer will accept my Ridata 4X DVD-R blank discs. I have burned approx 25-30 of these discs with no issue and now when I use Nero to burn movies, it hangs at the insert disc prompt and locks up the program. I have tried other DVD burning programs with no luck. I have tried to upgrade the firm ware for the LG burner, but when I try and run the firmware program, I get a "Drive Updater.exe-Maintence Mode ver 1.9" pop up, and im lost from there. This pop up is asking me to input a parameter file and a bunch of other stuff I do not undersatnd. Any ideas how to get around this, so I can install the firm ware?? BTW the burner works fine with other types of media.

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Did you get the latest from Db database ? A115 ?

it's here ! :-

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_search.php

Type LG 4120B in the box and the second one in the list is what's available !

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

what is the id code of the Ridata 4X DVD-R blank and is it the same as the last batch you bought?

are you useing rpc1 hack frimware? or original?