1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firmware 1.29 for pioneer 111BK

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by TY4ever, Mar 10, 2007.

1. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

I just got myself the pioneer 111BK and not the suggested 111D one as it's nowhere to be found here.The firmware which comes along with the writer is 1.23 and before going to update it to 1.29,i've burnt two games with success.But i would like to know if i need to update it to 1.29 as suggested in some tutorials and if there has been any case where people after updating their firmware to 1.29 have got problem after that(because from what i've read,there's no rolling back to the previous firmware once updated to the latest one).Does the new firmware 1.29 really improves the writability for DVD+R DL compared to firmware 1.23 as stated in the firmware change story?

So if anyone can confirm that the 1.29 will make my drive perform better than the actual firmware 1.23(though firmware updates usually means improvements for some of the drive abilities,but in some very little cases it has been the contrary which has resulted in impossibility to roll to previous firmware and should wait for future updates to fix).

Thanks,

Vincent.