1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firmware 2.71 SE-B need help to upgrade

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by MrAM2, Aug 29, 2007.

1. MrAM2

MrAM2 Guest

Guys i am really new to this and have a PSP, my firmware is 2.71 SE-B"
    I need to know what is the best and easiest firmware to upgrade to, My PSP runs really glitchy since my friend did the firmware update and i am unable to load some iso's, I am a computer technican by trade so i understand computers and all that stuff but i am lost when it comes to PSP. if someone could spend to time to tell my what firware to upgrade to and how to do it, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

The newest, and best custom firmware to update to would be 3.52 M33.

Here you can find the 3.52 M33 update files.

You will also need the 1.50 EBOOT and 3.52 EBOOT files. You can get these here and here.

Ignore the instructions on the Sony website, just get the file from "Download procedure" step 3.

You will have to extract the 1.50 EBOOT file, but the 3.52 file is already extracted. Name the 1.50 EBOOT to 150.PBP and the 3.52 EBOOT to 352.PBP.

Now take the M33CREATOR folder and place it on your PSP at this location: ms0:/PSP/GAME150/

Now place both the 150.PBP and 352.PBP files into the M33CREATOR folder on your PSP.

You can now disconnect your PSP from your computer and run the update, after it has finished it will have created another icon on your PSP, run this, after it has finished you will have firmware 3.52 M33.

Make sure your battery charge is above 75% and/or has a charger plugged in before you do the update.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  3. MrAM2

MrAM2 Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write such a in-depth response.
    If there is anything u need to know about computers or computer related things let us know. i Pretty much know it all.

Thanks Again

PS PSP upgraded to 3.52 M33 successsfully do you know why SOCOM still wont run from memory card, all other iso run well and i have 2 different copies of SOCOM and none of them work.

4. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

It's probably down to the game needing a higher CPU clock speed.

Go into recovery (Turn off your PSP, then turn it on again whilst holding the R trigger) and change the CPU speed in iso/umd to 300mhz/333mhz.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  5. MrAM2

MrAM2 Guest

fusk me dude, is there anything you dont know
    All games work now
    You are the PSP master

6. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

LOL, no problem.

But yes, there's loads i don't know... i think :p

7. didz04

didz04 Guest

hi,
    I have got a psp on 2.71 firmware, but i am not sure about the other guy version '2.71 SE-B', all i know that it is a 2.71, but i dont know anything about if it is 'SE-B'.
    will ure way work on any 2.71 version.
    Thanks.... (Shokz)

8. didz04

didz04 Guest

ow yeah and when the psp has been upgraded to 3.52 m33, can u do all of the following:
    -go on internet browser,e.g wireless...
    -play and watch movies from the memory stick...
    -play emulators on memory stick,e.g. snes...
    Can u tell me if u can do anything else that i havent said on that version (3.52 m33).
    I will be really happy if anyone can answer these questions for me and maybe someone else...
    Thanks..... :)D)

9. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Nope, sorry, you're on offical firmware, he was on custom firmware.

You can use the updater i posted if you downgrade to 1.50, you can downgrade from 2.71 many ways.

1)Downgrade straight from 2.71 with a 2.71 downgrader.

2)Update to 3.03 then downgrade using an unpatched GTA:LCS UMD and the 3.03 downgrader.

3)Update to 3.50 then downgrade using an unpatched Lumines UMD and the 3.50 downgrader.

4)Use a Pandora battery to downgrade from any firmware.

3.52 M33 will do all that you said, you can also customise your XMB, play PSX and PSP games from your memory stick, rip PSP games to your memory stick or PC, play homebrew and run plugins.

10. didz04

didz04 Guest

cheer m8,
    u sure do know alot, init.

11. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Haha, thanks, just take note; if you do downgrade and seek to upgrade to 3.52 M33, because you would be at 1.50 and not a custom firmware, there is an extra step you need to take.

Before you use the M33CREATOR, you would need to run the kxploit patcher. This is found in the "1.50only" folder.

The kxploitpatcher and kxploitpatcher% folders shold be placed in the ms0:/PSP/GAME folder and run from the PSP like usual. The M33CREATOR folder is also placed in the GAME folder, not the GAME150 folder, when at 1.50.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2007