1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

firmware 3.03

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by artg75, Jul 7, 2007.

1. artg75

artg75 Member

hi guys, just bought my PSP last week. I've ben reading the forum about the firmware 1.5. What is the difference between ver 3.03 and 1.5? can i use my psp for internet browsing with my version ( ver 3.03)?
    so far i can play the game i got off my friend by copy and pasting the iso files from my pc, but i'm confused. Please help. Thanks

2. pspjunior

pspjunior Regular member

you never said what version is YOUR psp.but im assuming its a fw 1.5 since you are able to play ISO. the difference between fw 1.5 and 3.03 is that 3.03 has alot more features. but, cannot play downloaded games like ISO and cannot chnage the FONT of the PSP home and alo tmore thigns like play SNES games,gba,n64 and more!!!. if you want y our PSP to have all this while being able to use hombrew and ISO you should upgrade to fw 3.40 OE-A not 3.40 but 3.40 -OEa. it will have everyhting up to date and the things u can do on a fw 1.5 too. and yes!! you'll be able to use web browsing!

3. artg75

artg75 Member

sorry forgot to mention. My firmware is 3.03. can you tell me where can i upgrade my firmware to 3.40 - OEa? and with my current fw ( 3.03 ) can i browse the net because I tried but cannot get through?? thanks