1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

firmware 3.30

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by veta, Apr 12, 2007.

1. veta

veta Member

hy!my psp has a 3.30 firmware, it's imported from Japan and it's a IC1003.I was wondering if when the 3.30 appears will i be able to install it or is my psp going to brick?

2. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

? if you mean the 3.30 OE...then no, it wont brick your psp....it just will not install onto your PSP...Custom firmware can only be installed from firmware 1.50 sony, or another custom firmware....

do not update your psp ever, and wait for the 3.30 downgrader...you have a while.....

3. veta

veta Member

but will i be able to downgrade my psp IC1003?BEcause from what i've read on the web it will brick instantly because of the motherboard

4. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

no....all motherboards get patched w/the 3.03 downgrader, so i am assuming, it will be the same, or similar for the 3.30 downgrader...

as far as i know, the newer downgraders work on all mobos...or a massive amount more than the old ones did....

5. veta

veta Member

this is what i was talking about.is it true or is it simply a mith.Because if it's true i won't be able to downgrade

6. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

it is true for psps with that motherboard, from firmwares up to 3.03...in other wards, since you have 3.30 already, it will not matter....

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  7. veta

veta Member

so..for now having a 3.30 its a good thing but i will just have to stay still and wait for a 3.30 downgrader right??btw do u have any idea how long will that take?

8. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

erm.....rummors fly......i mean, as far as i have heard, there will absolutely not be a 3.11 downgrader, since 3.10 & 3.11 are too much alike; which leaves more time for the expert hackers to crack 3.30.....which should on average take anywhere from 1-4 months after a decrypter is made for the firmware..

....and the 3.30 decrypter is out i believe...so sit tight....there isnt even a 3.10 downgrader yet, so give it some time....I got mine around christmas & updated to 3.03 waited like a month and a half for the 3.03 downgrade...shouldnt take too long, if DAX & fanjita are at it like i know they are...

9. veta

veta Member

thank u mery much for the information and ill defintitely contact u again when the downgrading moment comens.I;ve recently bought my psp and i'm looking forward to using it to the max.just hope that the downgrading will go whithout any problems.thank u again

10. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

np m8 cheers