1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firmware 3.40 OEA upgrade

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by dolemitsu, Jun 24, 2007.

1. dolemitsu

dolemitsu Regular member

If anyone can help me out with some mundane information about firmware upgrading/flashing, I would be eternally grateful:
    I currently have firware 3.10 OE on my PSP, and would like to upgrade to 3.40 OEA or the such (to play my backed-up iso copies of Transformers: the game and great battles of rome).
    I downloaded the files from quickjump, but the readme says I need to get 3.40 updaters and rename them 340.pbp, blahblah etc.
    At any rate, if someone has a soft spot in their heart for someone with a desire to not "brick" their psp, give me some pointers.
    Thanks.

2. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

download the easy flasher, put the 340oeflasher and 340oeflasher%files in GAME150, then run them from the xmb.

3. dolemitsu

dolemitsu Regular member

Thanks. I found a comprehensive/easy walkthrough via a thread on a forum I was lead to by your suggestion. I'm charging my psp to the approp. battery level before I use the easy flasher.

4. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

good for u :)

5. dolemitsu

dolemitsu Regular member

Nice, so thanks again. It worked like a charm.

6. mhaikel

mhaikel Member

how come the when there's a cut scene on the game it was choopy on my psp? is it my memory stick or its usually like that?

7. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

in recovery mode, set the cpu speed in umd/iso to 333

8. dolemitsu

dolemitsu Regular member

OK, so that last response brought up an interesting thought of mine:
    I've heard that to run certain newer isos properly, you need to use a dummy UMD and set the system to "use no UMD" -- disabled.
    I tried to do this with Great Battles of Rome, using the Saw II UMD, but it wouldn't start the game (or any other game, for that matter). So do I have to use a game UMD, or am I just doing something wrong? It's altogether possible that going through all this ish just for one game to work isn't worth it anyway...

9. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

u need to use a UMD game. no UMD music, no UMD movie. UMD game.

10. dolemitsu

dolemitsu Regular member

Wilco. Thanks.