1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firmware 3.51?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Combat2, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Combat2

Combat2 Guest

Is There Actually Any Homebrew Or Exploits I Can Use On The 3.51 Firmware. I Just Upadated It And Relised I Shouldnt Of!?

Thanks For Any Help! :)

2. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

Sorry, you missed your shot at homebrew. This is kinda off topic, but:

YEAH! My 700th post! w00t! Sorry, sometimes I have moments lol just kidding.

3. rubenalex

rubenalex Regular member

no there is no hombrew for 3.51

4. Combat2

Combat2 Guest

What About That Illunium Chip Or Whatever. Says You Can Do Any Homebrew On Any Firware With That Chip, Anybody Heard Of It?

5. rubenalex

rubenalex Regular member

isn't called "Mod-Chip" and i think you can run homebrew in any firmware(i think) but this mod chip costs like $69.75

6. Combat2

Combat2 Guest

No No No...The Illinuim Chip Is Like..You Have To Have That Game The Lummies Or Whatever Then Download Some Folder Stick It In Your Psp Root Then Bla Bla Bla....So Im An Idiot For Putting Chip There, But Thats What It Said On A Website..My Mistake Making It The Websites Mistake..
    (Not This Website Though)
    :)

7. rubenalex

rubenalex Regular member

yeah i have seen that there is a way with lumminies 2 and bla bla bla

but i have seen on other websites that that's not true that there is no way to run homebrew on 3.51 (for now) just wait :)

8. Combat2

Combat2 Guest

Wait...Yeah Like 3 Months Till Something Comes Out From Dark_Alex Or Whatever!...Iv Tried Quite Alot Of Homebrew Stuff But It Never Works Because Of My Firmware....Im Going To Buy The New Psp Redisigned So Maybe That Will Have A Lower Firmware With It?!...And My Psp Is Spazed Because The Wifi Doesnt Work On It...Any Help On That While Im Here?!

Thanks For The Help!:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2007
  9. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

First off...sorry you upgraded your firmware...NOT! At this time there is not a downgrader and/or exploit for 3.51-so you are bascially screwed, unless you get a modchip or replace the motherboard (which might also solve your wi-fi issue).
    The Lumines game is needed to downgrade if you have 3.50 FW-but Sony put out 3.51 as a "security patch" to circumvent that..As far as waiting like three months for Dark_Alex to come out with new firmware-Highly unlikely..In case you haven't heard, Dark_Alex is no longer in the PSP scene for personal reasons...So unless someone else comes through and picks up where DAX left off...We are all stuck at 3.40OE...

10. Combat2

Combat2 Guest

Oh Personal Reasons Ayye..There Was Some Other Dude I Saw Making Something Like What Dark_Alex Done And Getting Into The Scene..Hopefully There Will Be Some UpComming News And Such...And The Wifi Really Sucks Because I Used To Use it Alot..It Worked Then One Day I Updated The Firmware And Dropped The Psp 3 Times In One Day And It Just Doesnt Work Anymore(The Wifi That Is)

11. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Yeah, there are plenty of developers out there, and I am sure somewhere, someone is working on cracking the code of the sony firmware (and from what I have read is no easy task) so they can make a custom out of it..Just keep looking in these forums-any news of new custom firmwares will be posted here almost immediately.

12. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Don't wait on the slim psp. It WON'T have lower firmware guarrenteed. In fact, it'll probably have a redesigned motherboard with a base firmware of 4.00 (my guess), and it won't even run on 1.5, making downgrade useless.

13. Combat2

Combat2 Guest

Very True My Friend...Ach Well It Looks Amazing Anyway And Il have The Old Psp To Bobble About With Which Will Be Fun...

Where Would You Ever Start With Cracking The Firmware, I Mean Seroiusly!..Seems Pretty Damn Complicated And Waaay To Technical!!

14. Combat2

Combat2 Guest

So There Is Nothing I Can Do?....

What GayNess That Trully Is!!

15. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Very gay indeed...but no, aside from the suggestions I posted earlier-there really aren't any options for you at this time-Your best bet would be to try finding a used one on eBay or craigslist. Because replacing the motherboard is a pain in the ass, and you have to be very handy with a soldering iron to install a modchip. or you could drop some extra $$ to have someone do it for you..But really not worth it..

16. Combat2

Combat2 Guest

Yeah I Think Im Just Going To Wait Till Something Pops Up You Know..Im Not Spending Any Cash On This Magical Portal Of Wisdom(PSP)