1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firmware 5.3

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by nycfusion, May 14, 2007.

1. nycfusion

nycfusion Member

I am planning to update my firmware from 4.2 to 5.3.
    I wanted to ask if the latest firmware has all the features of the previous versions.
    Also, if microsoft ever detects backups, will it be able to prevent them from booting up or will it just ban you from live?

Can you please guide me on how to update my firmware. I am assuming you just put the new codes to ur original firmware.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

i would read some guide on how to flash the firmware before you do anything. If you are that confused about what to do and what the firmware does then i would not rush into flashing it. Make sure you know what your doing first or you could really mess up your console.
    http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutorials-xbox-360/
    there are guides on how to flash the different 360 drives.

Newer firmware would not only have all original features but would usually add more. That is the reason they update them.

and no one know what MS will do about back ups online yet.

3. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

about the ms detecting thing PLZ stop asking all you ppl we don't know we are not Microsoft!!!!!