1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FIRMWARE CHANGE

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by AKMAROC, Jun 1, 2007.

1. AKMAROC

AKMAROC Member

I have a white psp with custom firmware 3.03 oe it has been working fine. unfortunately i have now got a problem with the umd drive. I will now be exchanging it for a new rconditioned psp from the factory so i need to change the firmware back to a non custom firmware not worried which one 2.80 or up maybe 3.10 can someone tell me how to do this,

your help would be much appreciated

2. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

google search "how do i recover a 3.03 oe psp to 1.5?" and u should get a file to put in x:/PSP/GAME/

go to recovery mode and select RUN PROGRAM AT :/PSP/GAME/ and it will take u to 1.5

3. AKMAROC

AKMAROC Member

thanks for your reply, but i cant seem to find the file to help me recover can you help me

4. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2007
  5. AKMAROC

AKMAROC Member

thanks for your help i have extracted the files but i do not know what to do with them one is a EBOOT.PBP,one is a UPDATE.PBP, one is a extprxs.pbp and 2 windows media profile files one called libsardumper the other is decryptprx your help would be much appreciated

6. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

it should have come in its own little folder called RECOVERY. if not, make a RECOVERY folder in x:/PSP/GAME/ and put all the files in there.
    if it did come in its own RECOVERY folder, just copy it to x:/PSP/GAME/ then run it from the recovery menu

7. AKMAROC

AKMAROC Member

thanks for your help it is much appreciated i have successfully recovered my psp with your help. i hope one day i may be able to help you. cheers

8. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

its no trouble at all. happy to help all with wat i can :)

9. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

You can just use Hexitnow's recovery winstaller that's what i used. It's stickied.

10. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

its been taken care of