1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

firmware concerns

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by runny, Sep 3, 2004.

1. runny

runny Guest

I have 5 pioneer 107s with the pioneer firmware v.1.05 installed and was curious is that fine for burning media at 8x or should i upgrade the firmware. also is there a difference in this one vs. all the other firmwares (v.1.10-1.18). I tried to install the 1.18 and software did not install,and i guess once you install a firmware you cant remove it.I did post something similar to this one so please dont bash me.

2. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

When I got my 107 I upgraded to 1.13.
    It burns everything at 8xspeed,even 2xspeed discs, and I've ripped many a disc at 11x.

3. runny

runny Guest

Sorry for the late reply,and thanks for that info very much. I did finally get all 5 burners at 1.18 after trying several downloads.thanks again for yous post.

4. chas0039

chas0039 Member

Just a comment. I was a devoted Pioneer user and I just last week decided to try an NEC 3500. Every media I used to burn on my Pioneer 107D was vastly better on the 3500. Often the errors were reduced by 200%. Just a thought for the next time you buy another burner.

5. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

I like the look of the NEC3500 and have considered one myself although I am a diehard Pioneer fan.

I don't get any errors with my Pioneer so that wouldn't be a factor for me.