1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

firmware downgrade for Sony 500AX

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Run4two, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Run4two

Run4two Member

I saw the article mentioning the new upgrade (not) for the Sony 500. I gave it a go and now have firmware 2.e (my 500ax came with 2.c.) Now I'm burning my Accu DVD-R disks at only 1X. I was burning at 2X :( Is there a place online where I can get my old firmware? Any suggestions will be greatly apreciated. Thanks

2. Run4two

Run4two Member

If anybody else is having this problem, please inform Sony. I chatted with a support rep named Jill who told me I was out of luck and needed to use disks that are listed as Sony approved. They didn't acknowledge a problem with the firmware. She said I couldn't put the old firmware back on. We'll see.

3. amosj

amosj Member

I'm having the same problem with my Son DDU1621 (reader only). Since 'upgrading', it still reads CD's fine but DVD's are ejected. Sony has been as much help as a rubber crutch.

4. v13

v13 Member

Have you downgraded your firmware? I do have same problem with ACCU DVD-R on my DRU500A. Just want to make sure that downgrade is possible.

5. Run4two

Run4two Member

Yes, I went to firmware 1.0g. Some others have done the same. It's the same (or nearly the same) as 2.0c. I'm back burning my Accus at 2X :).