1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firmware for Emerson EWR10d4??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by smmr, Apr 5, 2005.

1. smmr

smmr Member

Can anyone tell me where to get the firmware for my Emerson EWR10D4? Thank you!

2. calhounm

calhounm Guest

3. edandval1

edandval1 Member

All I can say about Emerson is they are junk!

4. Migraine_

Migraine_ Member

You must call them to get the firmware upgrade! the dumb asses "DO NOT HAVE IT ON LINE" you must have them mail it! why I do not kno w I asume they are all on crack over there...I had to wait over 2 weeks to get mine...just got it ..and when I put it in I get an error that it can't read the disk????

I can only asume I must press some keys to get it to load the firmware, But it cam e with NO Instructions what so ever!! Can u belive that???

So Now I must wait till 12pm on the east cost to call them at 9am on the west cost.

So Let's see .....
    no info on web site STRIKE 1
    no downloads on web site STRIKE 2
    no instructions with firmware upgarde STRIKE 3 there out!

The hardware is fine but the brain dead nuts at Emerson
    make me recomend that you avoid them at all costs!

you can get the ILO DVD REC. at walmart for 98$ so what if its a in house brand it comes with better hardware or so I have read..even has a firewire port to hook your camcorder up to it...

I may nevere get the firmware updated for my EWR10D4 any one ells pissed at Emerson?? care to start a class action law suite I am sure thinking about it!

don't sopose any one knows what keys I have to press to install the firmware update??? if I find out I will post the info..

Information is not in Emersons Vocanulary That's for sure!

James Farmer
    migraine@knology.net

5. catwoman3

catwoman3 Member

I have the firmware to install on my Emerson EWR10D4, but I don't have instructions on HOW to install it. Can anyone help me??

6. GotSilk

GotSilk Member

There's a toll free customer service line that should be on a sticker attached to your units case. The recorder is actually made by Funai corporation and there website is www.funai.com. The site will give you the phone number to call and request the software update disc. Have your model number ready when you call them; my mod number was on a sticker on the bottom of the case. The software update arrived about a week later. The disc has their customer service line printed on the disc surface and they ask you to call them so they can give instructions on what buttons to push on your remote for the update to be installed. Bascically, you eject any discs that are in the unit, drop in the update disc, and close the tray. Then press "CM skip" on the remote and enter 654 on the key pad. You should see some onscreen messages showing the progress of the update, and finally the message of "END." The tray should eject the disc after the software update completes. The final step is basically to turn the power off for at least 5 minutes to complete the update. PS: Clean your DVD lens if you get a message that displays "DISK ERROR RECORDING NOT POSSIBLE PLEASE EJECT DISK." I manually clean my lens using a Q-tip wetted with Windex about once a month.

7. GotSilk

GotSilk Member

The Ilo basic recorder bites...I tried 2 seperate units and could never manage to get the full recording times it listed. I wasted quite a few +R discs before I finally gave up and returned both units for refunds. I'm a little wary about buying another recorder for now, but I like what I see initially with the "Liteon 5005" as it records on both -RW and +RW discs. It also can record on CDRW discs in both VCD and SVCD formats. The lowest price I've seen from an online retailer is about $120 and I may just replace my old EWR10D4 as I now have a ton of +R discs waiting to be used. It'd be nice if all future recorders would record on both + and - media.