1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firmware for Hitachi-LG HL-DT-ST GH40L to burn xbox 360 games?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by newguy12, Jan 8, 2012.

1. newguy12

newguy12 Member

I have a Hitachi-LG HL-DT-ST GH40L dual layer dvd burner in my HP computer. My xbox has a lite-on drive that has been flashed with the latest iextreme firmware and I've been told that I need a specific lite-on dvd burner with latest firmware flashed to it in order to burn games fully to play on my xbox 360. I've also read that my specific dvd burner will work. My question is this...Is there a firmware for my burner that I need (Hitachi-LG HL-DT-ST GH40L) in order to be able to burn the COMPLETE game or can I burn games and still get the whole game without errors?? I understand that the flashing of the dvd burner is so that you get the full 8.7gb of the dvd used instead of the factory 8.5gb allowance(as I'm told)...allowing you to burn the entire game file. I'm just confused if I can burn my own games with the dvd drive I have now (Hitachi-LG HL-DT-ST GH40L)and if I can...do i need a specific firmware to do so...any help is appreciated...I'm kinda new to all of this and I just want to burn my own games instead of paying the guy who flashed my xbox for me...thanks :)

2. coorva

coorva Regular member

you will need the iHAS liteon burner to burn the new games properly,the only thing you can do with the hitachi burner is burn older games or truncated burns for the new games

3. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

4. newguy12

newguy12 Member

thanks alot ...will be getting one in a couple days :)