1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FIRMWARE help?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by joshjy, Jan 21, 2007.

1. joshjy

joshjy Regular member

ok.now i am not a complete idiot when it comes to psp's infact i used to be an expert with the old 1.00, 1.50,1.51,1.52 and 2.0 firmwares but then i sold my psp cause i bricked 1 and got bored of the 2nd 1...

anyway i have fallen way behinde with all the firmwares and i need one of you nice guys to fill me in from about half an hour of reaserch i seem to have found out that if you cant get your hands on a 1.50 psp then you can upgrade to a custom firmware 3.00e or sumthing made by this dude and that firmware has a root directory for game iso's is this correct?

also i have dicoverd that if you have a psp below 2.80 then you can downgrade although i have not digged in to this it seems easy and i need somebody to give me the pocket book version of how to do this i as i can not be botherd to read through an idot proof guide. basically i want somebody to tell me quickly how to go about downgrading 2.80 and below to 1.50.

also could somebody please explain the basic principles of DEVHOOK as i am used to using the good old fashioned MPH downgrader.

thanx in advance.

2. rsrepp

rsrepp Regular member

Well first 1.50 is where you want to be. That is the clutch firmware to be at because you can stay on 1.5 and use devhook and run homebrew or you could upgrade to 3.03oe-b. There are plenty of guides on this forum and most of the downgraders have readme's already included with them. Just browse this forum and go to Psp updates or Psp Hacks to get all the programs you need to downgrade and upgrade.