1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firmware question for ye noob.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by nelson77, Feb 1, 2007.

1. nelson77

nelson77 Member

I know im a noob at the psp thing but i have upgraded my psp without thinking and i wish i could get 2.80 back :'( does anybody know if you can go to the Normal 3.02 Orginial Firmware from Sony to 3.03OE-B that firmware by dark alex or if theres some kind of downgrader if you can help me contact my msn ironsniper7@hotmail.com or PM me peace out my psp people.

2. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

1.) remove ur email from the last post.

2.) ur only option for downgrading is upgrading to 3.03 and then going to 1.5. Then upgrading to 3.03 OE-C

3. nelson77

nelson77 Member

Is there a link to a 3.03 to a 1.5 Downgrader and can you give me instructiosn step by step do i have ot use devhook? ???

4. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

devhook is not for downgrading. in order for the downgrade to work properly u need the unpatched version of GTA:LCS for the downgrade to work, do u have it?

5. nelson77

nelson77 Member

No sadly i dont ill have to rent it... add me to msn so you can help me with this cause i have no clue what to do.

6. tobster

tobster Member

you really do need to do some background before attempting this downgrade _ I believe you will have to initially upgrade your PSP firmware to the sony 3.03 then you can use a downgrader to take it the magic v1.5. Now you can install a custom firmware, the latest offering from Dark Alex being 3.03OE-C- there are now a number of well written articles on this subject - I trust the stuff by Calo on www.psp-hacks.com. BUT as hexitnow says, you do need to get hold of an unpatched version of GTA:LCS UMD for this downgrade to work.

7. nelson77

nelson77 Member

Ok thanks for the help man when i go and rent it today how do i find out if its patched? or not