1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firmware update on Mario Strikers

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by tronads, May 26, 2007.

1. tronads

tronads Member

Im running a PAL Wii with PAL Mario Strikers, on boot up of the game, its asking to perform a firmware update. Being somewhat nervous of this given the Paper Mario experiences (which I know was due to NTSC firmware on a PAL machine), Ive just powered off and not updated. Ive checked online for automatic updates, but it tells me I am already running the latest firmware. Is anyone else getting the update requets from the game, and if so, is it safe, and what version is it installing.

2. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

my pal wii with pal mario strikers didnt ask me to do an update - it just worked????

my firmware is 2.2E

3. tronads

tronads Member

interesting.....mine is also a 2.2e

4. bennasher

bennasher Regular member

Yeh me too, i heard that it asks for an update - it didnt ask me!?

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You will be fine to do the update. It actually will not update if you have Firmware 2.2E it will just check and then find that you have the latest firmware then skip it. So go ahead except the update and it will work.

The problem people where having with Super Paper Mario is due to flashing their PAL Wii with an NTSC(U) firmware which bricked the console. So no need to worry as long as you use the same region game disc or if you do decide to use an out of region game disc make sure your Wii is updated with newest firmware.

I have no idea why some Game Disc will do the update but others will not. When I played Super Paper Mario it never asked me to update. So I duno why sometimes it does this and sometimes it doesn't.

I was asked to do the update on my NTSC(U) Wii with Mario Strikers PAL Game. But I had the latest 2.2U firmware and it just skipped over it once it found out I had the latest firmware.

Last edited: May 26, 2007
  6. tronads

tronads Member

Update applied.Console survived :)