1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firmware updating and such?!?!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by feod, Jun 9, 2007.

1. feod

feod Member

I dont know how to update..i here people saying use a boot disc, or update through internet...how do i get if off the wii internet do i search it or what??

2. Demaster

Demaster Regular member

If you're talking about updating the firmware of the Wii there's something that when u hit the home button it goes into system options & you can DL, wirelessly, an update. I'm not at home with a wii else I'd tell you exactly what to do.

Yes you can update the wii if it's modded with Wiikey (from what I've read - only read recently & havent personally tried it)

No you cannot update the firmware of a wiikey (Other mod chips I don't know but Wiikey developers came out & said that you can't update the firmware of their chip)

Concerning updating your wii with the latest firmware via DVD disc: I've only read about it & have personally not seen any discs released by Nintendo to update your wii. Go ahead & google or visit Nintendo's website.

Reminder: KEEP IT UP TO DATE!!! If you don't you may end up bricking your wii like many people did when super paper mario came out.

3. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

well im at work and we happen to have a wii hooked up here so let me write down the steps for you kind sir:

1. get to the wii menu
    2. hit the little "wii" in the bottom left of the screen
    3. then go to settings
    4. turn to page 3
    5. click on the wii update
    6. presto your done

hope this helps

4. feod

feod Member

kool, so nintendo supplys the updates?

5. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

yes if you update with that button it should be authentic

6. feod

feod Member

great, so if i stay online, and keep it updated with the wii connection..i wont get bricked...but wat about the firmware stuff i here about?

sorry if its annoying i just wna do this right

7. dab0ne

dab0ne Regular member

im pretty sure it that the system update takes care of all of that stuff including the version. you might want to search the forums and look into though