1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firmware will not upgrade

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by mtb2k, Jun 13, 2007.

1. mtb2k

mtb2k Member

i have official 2.81 firmware on my psp, as is stated in system info. i simply wanted to upgrade to 3.30 so i can view full resolution videos that i convert. i've downloaded 4 different copies of 3.30 from different sources. each time, i place them in the psp/game/update folder, then try to update. however, the psp tells me each time that it is 2.60 firmware and there is no need to update. so i go to sony site and download 3.50 firmware and try to update. again, the psp is telling me it's 2.60 firmware and i don't need to update. ???

2. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

how exactly are you trying to update? i understand youv put the update in the folder and so on, but what are you clicking on in the xmb menu?
    also upgrading will make your psp homebrew/iso less.

3. mtb2k

mtb2k Member

oh i was going to the wrong place to update. problem solved. well i'm upgrading from 2.81 to 3.30 because i'm tired of waiting for a downgrader that is never going to be released, and it's next to impossible to find a gta:lcs unpatched. sources keep saying a downgrader, if it EVER comes out, won't be released until around the end of the year. i'm not going to wait that long just to be able to convert and watch full resolution video. as far as games, i always hear about game incompatibilities with these isos and such, and using custom firmware. not to mention there are so few truly good psp games, it won't cost much to just buy them. and the only other thing i want to use my psp for is reading text files. i guess that's really the only good reason for me to not upgrade to official firmware.

4. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

where you from?
    why dont you just take it back in change it. make sure you get one with a lower fw.

5. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

OMG ARE YOU KIDDING ME! You updated when you could've downgraded! Why didn't you just get GTA LCS Unpatched off ebay? You can just sell it back and not lose any money...MAN!

6. mtb2k

mtb2k Member

actually i haven't upgraded yet because i've been hearing about video problems when trying to convert videos to full resolution. some of them do not play if they aren't encoded as 'main profile' avc or something like that.
    is ebay the only place i'm going to find gta? because the gamestops and eb games all around here are banned from even selling it to people.

7. DCP_PSP

DCP_PSP Regular member

Really? Here in Maryland they are still selling it, TO MINORS TOO.

Just get it off of amazon.com.

8. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

MAN!!! do you know how many people want to downgrade their psp! You had a chance to and you fluffed it.

9. fast16

fast16 Member

PLEASE HELP ME
    i'm trying to update to version 3.03 from 2.81 but everytime i put the file in psp game update i put the version in the update folder it says its corrupted data plz help me